Friday, January 28, 2011

Up All Night

I don't know if every creative person is this way, but my creativity keeps me awake at night. Of course there may come a time in the months ahead when I may discover that it is really only a secondary condition of having hypothyroidism, and that once treatment is regulated and working, my creativity may, perhaps, not keep me awake any longer. Whatever the case may be -primary, secondary- I am often awake all night when my creative juices are flowing. When I am in a beading frenzy [that is the only way to describe my beading and jewelry making phases] I typically awaken 2-4 times in the night to sketch down design ideas that come to me while I sleep. Recently this has been extending toward other design that I may be pondering about.

Last night I took some time to get a fair amount of reading done regarding optimizing marketing and that kind of thing. Etsy is running a 4-part feature this month on revamping one's shop. There is some good material in that series. I'll most likely come back later, maybe even later today, and elaborate on that more. Right now sleep is finally beginning to catch up with me and I am feeling a need to get myself to sleep sooner than later - don't want to push for a 2nd wind because I need to be up this evening to do a BNR.

No comments:

Post a Comment